Acacia Label recognise that your personal information is important to you and that you are concerned with its collection, use and disclosure. Acacia Label, like other companies operating in Australia, is bound by the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which set clear standards regarding these activities.
Acacia Label policy on the collection, use and disclosure of customer personal information is set out below.
Why would we collect Personal Information?
The personal information you provide to Acacia Label may be collected, used and disclosed for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
- Providing you with products and/or services requested
- Dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints, consumer guarantee or warranty claims, and other customer care related activities
- Marketing our products and services and providing advice on our products
- Developing and improving our products and services
- The operation and administration of accounts or subscriptions that you have with us
- Carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement that we have to comply with, or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution
- We may also use your personal information for other purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you.
- You have no obligation to provide any information (measurements / delivery address) requested by us. However, if you choose not to do so, we are unlikely to be able to provide you with the goods and services that you want or carry on the other activities set out above.
What Personal Information may Acacia Label collect?
The type of personal information we collect or which we may hold about you may include:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your date of birth
- Your telephone number(s)
- Your e-mail address
- Payment information
- Trnsaction information
- Information contained on identification documents (such as driving licences) where we require these to verify your identity
- Information on how you use our products and services
- Your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, server address, domain name and information on your browsing activity when visiting one of our websites
- Your User Name for social networking sites that you use, to refer to, or in conjunction with, our goods and services; and
- Personal preferences regarding products and services
How does Acacia Label collect your personal information?
We collect personal information in a number of ways including:
- When you order goods or services from us (either online or in-store);
- When you set up an account with us;
- When you subscribe to our catalogues or mailing lists or those of certain partners of ours;
- When you enter competitions or promotions that we may run;
- When you provide us your details for customer care purposes;
- When you browse one of our websites (further information is set out later in this Statement);
- When you complete surveys or provide online feedback or product reviews; and
- When you publicly comment about us on social media sites (for example so that we can answer questions about our products)
Acacia Label also holds information, collected incidentally, concerning individuals who work for companies or organisations that have a business relationship with Acacia Label
When you create an account with us we will ask you whether you wish to receive information relating to Acacia Label and our products. You may also choose to receive such information by subscribing to our mailing list via one of our websites.
To opt-out of receiving Acacia Label marketing materials, you will need to unsubscribe. To do this, simply select the "unsubscribe" option in one of the emails that you receive from us. Please note that if you have an account with Acacia Label, we may still need to send you essential information about your account.
Sharing your Personal Information
Acacia Label may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to/from:
- Our service providers who assist us in providing our services, including organisations that assist us with customer support, administration, archival, research, mail and delivery, marketing, auditing, consulting, financial and legal advisory, banking, security or technical services. In some cases these service providers may collect your personal information on our behalf;
- Law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention, investigation and prosecution of criminal activities;
- Parties involved in any third party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in Acacia Label or its assets; and to other third parties where you have specifically consented to the disclosure of information to these third parties
Security of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If you have any queries or concerns, further information can be obtained by contacting us by email email@example.com
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.